This evening I was in the mood to have an earthy meal for dinner. Knowing that the fresh summer truffles just arrived this morning at Macchi Inc., I decided to ask Paolo if he could do his magic tonight, and prepare something for us specifically to satisfy my cravings, and to use one of these beautiful fresh summer truffles.
Since the summer truffle initially has an earthy taste, I felt like enhancing the flavors with truffle paste an a bit of black truffle oil. I also felt like bringing all these flavors together with the nice texture of some beautiful and “meaty” button mushrooms. And, last but not least, finalizing the dish by topping it with an exhauggerated amount of shaved truffles.
I’ve been blogging about summer truffles since the beginning of the week, both here and here. And to tell you the truth, my mouth was watering just thinking about it every time I blogged. I was waiting impatiently for Wednesday to arrive, as I knew I would finally get to savour some.
So Paolo ( that rarely refuses an occasion to cook ) made this nice pasta plate, as he always does, the way I had hoped for it to taste, and a little bit better, if you don’t mind me saying so 😉
Well, now that my craving for truffle is satisfied, I can go on blogging with more serenity! 🙂
Do we always eat like this? The answer is: “NO…….but, very often!”
If you’re salivating here is the recipe:
- Cook your pasta in heavily salted water and put aside.
- In a deep saucepan, melt some butter with olive oil
- Add shallots, garlic, fresh thyme and sliced button mushrooms.
- Add a little salt and pepper to help sweat out the moisture from the mushrooms
- Sauté the mushrooms until soft.
- Remove the mushrooms mixture and chop them finely.
- Using the same saucepan, warm up some heavy cream, truffle paste and truffle oil
- Stir in your mushrooms in the mixture.
- Introduce your pasta to your sauce, mix everything together and finish off with as much freshly shaved summer truffle as your heart desires.